I’ve worked as a Health & Safety professional since 2006, with extensive experience of both the Construction (Design & Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM), and Occupational Health and Safety services.
With a ‘hands on’ approach and project risk management experience, I’ve a practical understanding of the perspectives of the project team, their expectations and their focused delivery of health and safety across a wide variety of sectors such as demolition, remediation, refurbishment and new build projects within the commercial, industrial, educational, hospitals, MoD and sports sectors. My ability to analyse potentially complex and difficult situations enables me to recommend appropriate, practical, and responsive solutions in a sensitive manner.
Outside of work, I enjoy mountain walking and having played rugby union for many years, am still very keen and participate in the sport.
- Principal Designer services of the following major projects:
- Coed Darcy: remediation of a former petro-chemical plant to provide land suitable for residential and commercial land use, part of an urban community strategy, South Wales, £1.2b
- Glan Llyn: regeneration project developing and transforming the 600-acre former Llanwern Steelworks site into a major new community for South Wales, £1 bn
- Project Marshall: a Ministry of Defence (MOD) project transforming the military Air Traffic Management (ATM) capability at all MOD operated sites in the UK and overseas, £1.5 bn
- Pre-tender Principal Designer/CDM Coordinator for the following educational projects:
- Swansea University: Phases 1A, 1B and 1C, construction of new academic and residential building, including infrastructure, client St Modwen Developments Ltd, total £168m
- Swansea University: Phase 2A, construction of a further residential block and academic, client St Modwen, £30.5m
- Pre-construction Principal Designer and Construction Phase CDM for the following commercial and residential projects:
- Friargate C9 and C10: new business destination creating prime new office space, hotels, homes, shops, restaurants and public space, client Coventry City Council, total £71m
- Barton Quarter housing development, client Stockbridge Land Limited, Nottingham, £7m
- Trentham Gardens, extension of the existing retail units, client St Modwen Developments Ltd, Staffordshire, £3m
- Stonebridge East Phase 2, construction of new warehouse units and infrastructure, client St Modwen Developments Ltd, Liverpool, £2.9m
- Demolition Principal Designer:
- Zeon chemical facility, including demolition of the redundant chemical plant, client St Modwen Developments Ltd, South Wales, £215,560
- Refurbishment Principal Designer:
- Park Point, refurbishment of the client’s head office block, client St. Modwen Plc, Longbridge, Birmingham, £2.5m